There’s many reasons why July holds the number 1 spot for many as their favorite month but for us it comes down to one reason or hashtag. #NationalIceCreamMonth lasts the entire month of July and considering ice cream is one of our favorite things we basically look forward to this month every year. There are lots of ways to celebrate but we believe the best one includes actually eating ice cream which is why we’re providing you with this yummy recipe. Head to your local grocery store and pick up your favorite pint (or 2!) and get to cooking!
Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream Cupcakes
There’s no reason you have to wait until a birthday celebration to enjoy your favorite ice cream cake! These delicious cupcakes are budget-friendly and can be enjoyed any night of the week.
Prep time: 20 min.
Bake time: 18 min.
Freeze time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Ingredients to Shop For:
• Boxed chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients indicated on box
• Caramel ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
• Caramel-nougat chocolate bars, such as Milky Way
• Heavy cream
• Chocolate syrup
• Chocolate jimmies
1. Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare cupcakes using directions on cake mix box. Fill cups halfway. (Discard any leftover batter.) Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on a wire rack.
2. Let ice cream soften slightly in a bowl. Fold in chocolate bars. Cover; freeze 1 hour.
3. Level cupcakes with a serrated knife. Put a scoop of ice cream on top of each cupcake; freeze until ice cream firms up but cake is still soft, about 30 minutes.
4. Whip cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Put a dollop on top of each cupcake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with jimmies, if desired.
Blog adapted from My Recipes